Special Half Day Dahlia Workshop
The dahlias sleep in the empty silence. Wait for the early owl. – T.S. Eliot
Calling all dahlia lovers! Flower farmers faced lots of challenges this growing season – there was heat, there was rain. Dahlias, however, known for their tenacity, may be late – but they are here! As always, these gorgeous blooms are worth the wait – their colors are perfect accent to the hastening fall accompanying deep blue skies, and hints of the foliage still to come.
You asked and we listened. Bear Creek Farm is delighted to hold our first ever ½ day dahlia workshop on Saturday, September 25, 2021.
What Will be Featured?
Included in this jam-packed, half day will be a personalized tour of our welcoming farm, followed by a class that dives into dahlias. I will lead a detailed discussion that provides guidance on how to grow and harvest dahlias.
Glance at the Day
- This morning workshop, held on-site in the safe and open air of our fields, offers a unique opportunity to learn all you needed to know about dahlias in a few edifying hours.
- This workshop focuses on planting, growing, and harvesting dahlias.
- The workshop will consist of a farm tour, as well as instruction by industry leader and Bear Creek Farm founder, Debra Kaye.
- The workshop fee includes all materials for on-site learning.
- take-home reference guide;
- discount for 2021 Bear Creek Farm dahlia tuber purchase; and
- limited class size to enable personalized attention, and question time
Who Will Benefit and Bloom from Our Workshop
- Floral designers with any level of experience
- who want to understand more about growing dahlias, which are sometimes finicky
- Flower lovers/hobbyists
- who wish to have a successful dahlia garden in their backyard
- Flower farmers
- who want to enhance their dahlia knowledge and understand differences in tuber quality
Half day workshop is $295.00. Class size is limited. SOLD OUT
Q & A
Q: I want to bring my camera to record videos so I can rewatch them later. Is that ok?
A: So sorry but video recording of any kind is strictly prohibited during our workshop.
Q: What is the Cancellation and Refund Policy?
A: Just like a client booking a wedding or another event, we base our business on booked events and plan accordingly. With that, this workshop is not cancellable, non-transferable and non-refundable. While we understand that life happens sometimes, please verify that you can 100% attend the workshop before you register. Check all travel aspects. We will not be able to refund you for any monies paid at any point, for any reason. Our course involves staffing, vendors, rentals, product, and so many other elements that are based on a “by attendant” basis. We are charged based on the number of people that register and we are also unable to make cancellations with said vendors on our end, so this course is non-refundable.
All of the employees at Bear Creek Farm have chosen to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.